The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health is the country’s largest mental health addiction teaching hospital.
Affiliated with the University of Toronto and a Pan American organization as well as a WHO Collaborating Centre, it effectively provides research, health promotion, and clinical care.
- support and rehabilitation services,
- clinical and continuing care, and
- day treatment outpatient services.
Its mission is to ensure that client-centered, holistic recovery-based care and recovery is provided to patients in keeping with its philosophy and stipulated policies.
Does this hospital hire PSW’s: Yes
What departments: Support and rehabilitation services, Complex Care and Recovery program
What type of positions are usually posted: Part-time and casual
How often are the jobs posted: As and when they arise
WHERE ARE THE JOBS POSTED?
All kinds of jobs including positions for Personal Support Workers are posted on CSMH’s website under the “careers and volunteers” section.
WHAT ARE THE TYPICAL JOB DUTIES?
Personal Support Workers perform a wide range of duties but some are specific to the organization.
At CAMH, you work alongside other members of the interdisciplinary team.
Some of the tasks PSWs perform are:
- Promote and support the independence, dignity, the social, emotional and cultural well-being of the clients,
- Accompanying/escorting clients on and off-site for transfers, appointments, and programming,
- Maintaining close or continuous observation of clients using the least restrictive strategies in the prevention of restraint and seclusion, to help maintain safety,
- Collecting data, and communicating both verbally and in writing, behavioral observations of clients’ responses to interventions.
CAN YOU CREATE A JOB ALERT?
You can create a custom email notification for all the PSW jobs that get posted on the CAMH’s website.
By signing up for email job alerts, you will be instantly notified of any PSW related jobs that get posted.
DO THEY HAVE VOLUNTEERS?
Working as a volunteer at CAMH is a great way to get your foot into this organization and boost your chances of employment as and when PSW positions arise.
Volunteer positions are available at CAMH which include its clinical research and corporate volunteer programs. Those interested in joining its team can email [email protected]a
DOES CAMH HAVE MULTIPLE SITES?
CAMH has three main sites:
Queen Street site (Queen and Ossington)
1001 Queen Street West
30, 40, 50 and 60 White Squirrel Way
100 and 101 Stokes Street
80 Workman Way
College Street site(including CAMH’s Emergency Department)
250 College Street (College and Spadina)
Russell Street site(Russell and Spadina)
33 Russell Street
CAMH also has many other satellite sites.
HOW TO STAY CONNECTED?
CAMH has a significant social media presence with accounts on:
Leave a Reply