West Park Healthcare Centre is a public hospital.
Its focus is assisting people with challenging health problems such as:
- Musculoskeletal issues,
- Diabetes, and
- Lung cancer.
PSW’s work in many departments and an example of one of the departments in which PSW’s are hired is the Physically Disabled Young Adult department.
Does WestPark hire PSW’s: Yes
What is the Job title: Client Care Attendant
What departments: Multiple
What type of positions are usually posted: Part-time and casual
WHERE ARE THE JOBS POSTED?
West Park Healthcare Centre jobs (open to external applicants) are posted online on their website.
West Park Healthcare Centre also gives people the option of simply submitting their resumes, so they will be kept in mind for future positions.
You will find out more about this in the section below.
PSW DUTIES AT WEST PARK
Those holding PSW jobs at West Park Healthcare Centre have the following duties:
- Meeting patient’s care preferences and needs through following the KARDEX. These needs and preferences are in relation to communication, meal assistance, grooming, hygiene, toileting/continence care, ambulation/mobility, and transferring.
- Performing activities that are required in the assistance of the healthcare team in ensuring the provision of a comfortable, safe, and clean patient environment.
- Collaborating with the healthcare team in assisting in meeting patients’ psychosocial needs.
- Helps to ensure patient care’s effective operation through:
- providing assistance to the healthcare team with patient care as needed.
- covering time for peers during breaks.
- attending meetings of the unit.
- carrying out the restocking of supply carts, as needed.
- ensuring the answering of telephones.
- providing effective response to call bells.
- taking part in inter professional rounds, on a weekly basis.
- emptying linen from hampers, and moving linen bags to laundry chutes.
- carrying out delivery and posting to patients recreational therapy calendars on a monthly basis.
- Precisely following the individualized care plans for patient care needs, set up by the healthcare team.
- Objectively reporting to the Registered Nurse in a timely fashion, without carrying out any kind of interpretation of the following:
- concerns of patients and/or families.
- changes in patient responses or other patient occurrences that are unusual in nature, related to assigned activities.
- alterations in patient condition.
- Helping to ensure the effective transfer of information regarding patients through providing information to the appropriate healthcare professional in a manner that is comprehensive, timely, and objective.
- Creating documentation that is in accordance with hospital policy.
- Carrying out operation of mechanical lifts, assistive devices, and power wheelchairs as directed.
- Making sure that equipment is intact and operational.
- Following procedures and providing information to appropriate staff regarding the need for repairs of equipment, and other equipment concerns.
CREATING A PROFILE/ACCOUNT ON WEST PARK WEBSITE
Creating a profile/account on West Park Healthcare Centre’s website gives you the opportunity to upload your resume, and input information about yourself.
Having a profile and resume leads to West Park Healthcare keeping you in mind for future appropriate positions.
Click here to submit your resume for future consideration.
DO WEST PARK HIRE VOLUNTEERS?
Volunteering for an organization gives you insider information on the facility and its procedures. It might also make it more likely that you will hear earlier about upcoming opportunities, and give you connections within the organization.
West Park offer many volunteering opportunities in areas such as:
- Escort, and
- Spiritual/Religious care
Further detail about these volunteer positions is available on their website.
HOW TO STAY CONNECTED?
You can stay connected with West Park Healthcare Centre through “liking” and “following” its Facebook and Twitter pages.
WHERE IS WEST PARK HOSPITAL?
82 Buttonwood Avenue