Baycrest is hiring Personal Support Workers for future positions across the organization.
If you’re interested in working at Baycrest, you must apply to this position to be considered for any future PSW positions.
Apotex is a Baycrest Long Term Care facility with units that provide support to:
- Stroke patients, and
- Patients with Mental Health issues.
Job Title: Personal Support Worker
Location: Baycrest, Toronto
Department: Future Opportunities across the organization
Job Type: Casual, Part-time, contract
Salary: $21.87 – $22.44 per hour
30 hours bi-weekly – Nights, including alternate weekends (shifts may be subject to change)
- Current P.S.W. certificate from a recognized community college or educational institute or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in Long-Term Care with clients in day programs or residents in a Long-Term Care setting preferred
- Certificate in Dementia Care preferred
Training in Gentle Persuasive Approach and U-First preferred
- Psychogeriatric experience, i.e. mental health assessment and intervention and working with responsive behaviors including various types of dementia, delirium, mental health issues preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Residents require assistance to enable them to continue to live their lives and fulfill their goals and daily activities.
You’ll be responsible for assisting and managing residents with conditions common with aging such as:
- physical (e.g. from ambulating independently to being wheel-chair bound),
- mental health,
- cognitive (from mild to severe including Dementia and Alzheimer) and
- stroke issues.
To apply for this job please visit baycrest-hospital-openhire.silkroad.com.