Website St. Joseph's Care Group
Care, Compassion, Commitment
St. Joseph’s Care Group is looking for Full or Part Time Certified Personal Support Workers. For a detailed listing of all our Personal Support Worker job postings please visit:
St. Joseph’s Care Group is known for living its values of Care, Compassion and Commitment. We are continuing a tradition that began more than 130 years ago of meeting the unmet needs of the people of Northwestern Ontario.
Located in Thunder Bay, Ontario, we provide services in addictions & mental health, rehabilitative care & chronic disease management, and seniors’ health. We believe in investing in our people, and offer learning and development opportunities, continuing education, competitive compensation, and a welcoming workplace culture.
About the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP) Program:
SJCG is an approved Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot program employer. The RNIP is a new community-driven immigration program designed to create a path to permanent residence for skilled foreign workers who want to work and live in Thunder Bay.
To learn more about the RNIP program, please visit: https://gotothunderbay.ca/why-thunder-bay/rural-and-northern-immigration-pilot/
To learn more about living and working in Thunder Bay, please visit: https://gotothunderbay.ca/
St. Joseph’s Care Group is committed to providing high quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Individuals who speak a second language including French, Finnish, Italian, Ojibway, Cree, Oji-Cree, etc. are encouraged to apply.
Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please see below for the job description and list of qualifications.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY: The Personal Support Worker works under the close supervision of the Registered Nurse and Registered Practical Nurse, providing personal care to clients and respecting their physical, emotional, social, cultural and spiritual needs and preferences. Personal Support Workers are active members of the Interprofessional Team, assisting in the planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of individualized client focused plans of care.
- Participates in assisting clients with activities of daily living within a Restorative Care Model and provides input for the development and revision of the individualized plan of care.
- Follows the client’s individualized plan of care for consistency and continuity, and documents care according to established policy and practice.
- Participates in client care conferences as required.
- Uses effective communication skills and reports any change in the client’s physical, medical, and/or behavioural condition to registered staff.
- Collaborates with clients, families and team members to maintain a positive, supportive and safe environment for all.
- Utilizes critical thinking and problem-solving techniques relative to the situation and within scope of practice.
- Implements best practices as directed by registered staff, using the peer-support model to coach/mentor staff and families.
- Promotes a high quality of life for the clients through the awareness and application of Senior Friendly, Dementia Friendly, Cultural Sensitivity and Palliative Care Principles.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities and advocates for the clients/family individual needs and preferences.
- Follows all policies related to Zero Tolerance of Abuse and Neglect of clients at all times.
- Attends and actively participates in workshops in-services and training sessions, and shares new information with peers and clinical staff.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current or “best” practices for the delivery of care and service(s), based on research or evidence-based studies.
- Integrates new concepts/knowledge/skills into his/her practice.
- Accepts responsibility for work –related professional development, and actively seeks out and makes use of opportunities for self-development.
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement change initiatives.
Health and Safety:
Employee Health & Safety:
- Responsible for following all Occupational Health and Safety regulations and relevant organizational policies and procedures to ensure personal safety and safety of others
- Participates in monthly safety inspections, emergency drills and training programs as required
- Reports any equipment, safety concerns or hazards to supervisor
- Has a working knowledge of all policies and procedures including disaster and WHMIS.
Client Safety: Supports and contributes to a culture of safety and promotes client safety:
- Responsible for following organizational policies and procedures
- Identifies and informs managers/supervisors of client safety problems and concerns, including actual and potential adverse events and incidents
- Assesses client safety issues and concerns and actively participates in improvement activities
- Utilizes effective and appropriate mechanisms for the transfer of information at interface points
- Utilizes verification processes and other checking systems for high risk care/service activities
- Participates as required in training on targeted client safety focus areas
- Reports directly to the Clinical Manager.
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with all internal and external contacts, ensuring behaviours are at all times congruent with SJCG Principles of Conduct*
- Qualified candidates must possess a HCA or PSW certificate
- Experience working with elderly clients
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in a long term care setting or with an alternate level of care population an asset
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Demonstrated regular attendance at work
- Certification relevant to practice setting (i.e. Gerontology, Dementia, Palliative Care), including training in Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA) and U-First is an asset
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) is an asset
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org