The City of Kawartha Lakes has a population of 73,214.
While it is called a city, Kawartha Lakes is actually more like a county, and has towns of different names within it.
The City of Kawartha Lakes has a long-term care home called Victoria Manor.
Does City of Kwartha Lakes hire PSWs: Yes
Under what title: Personal Support Worker
In which department: Victoria Manor
What types of positions are available: Part-time
WHERE ARE THE JOBS AT CITY OF KAWARTHA LAKES POSTED?
All external jobs are posted online.
They are posted under the “Employment opportunities” section of the website.
Once you click on “Employment opportunities”, go to the “External Job Opportunities“.
All available Personal Support Worker jobs are posted here.
HOW TO APPLY FOR JOBS?
In order to apply for a PSW job with City of Kawartha Lakes, among many other requirements, you must fulfil the following conditions:
- Have a valid Personal Support Worker Certificate or completed the first year of BSCN degree.
- Must complete a skills testing.
If you meet the above requirements and others stated in the job description, you can apply for the job in two ways:
- Submit your resume to Victoria Manor at the following address:City of Kawartha Lakes, Victoria Manor Human Resources Generalist
220 Angeline Street
South Lindsay, ON
- Or you can email your resume at: [email protected]
Do remember to quote Position Title and Job Posting Number with your application.
WHAT ARE THE JOB DUTIES?
Individuals holding PSW jobs at the City of Kawartha Lakes carry out the following duties:
- Working safely, in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other policies and procedures set out by the City of Kawartha Lakes and Victoria Manor.
- Under the supervision of Registered Practical Nurses, providing basic nursing care, behavioural supervision, and personal assistance to residents.
- Communicating with residents, family, staff, and service providers in an effective manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Manually moving and manoeuvring residents daily, while following all established policy.
- Demonstrating strong judgement in the maintenance of a safe work environment.
- Carries out restorative care, by helping to facilitate daily living independence.
- Carrying out other assigned duties.
WAYS TO STAY CONNECTED?
Leave a Reply