Personal Support Worker jobs at The City of Kingston are in the city’s long-term care home, Rideaucrest Long Term Care.
Rideaucrest is modern facility that offers 170 single rooms with a total of 256 beds.
Do not confuse Rideaucrest Home with Rideaucrest Towers.
Rideaucrest Home is the Long-Term Care Facility while Rideaucrest Towers is an apartment complex operating separately.
Rideaucrest Long-Term Care home is located at:
175 Rideau Street
Phone number: 613-530-2828.
Does City of Kingston hire PSWs: Yes
Under what title: Personal Support Worker
In which departments: Rideaucrest Long-Term Care
What type of positions are available: Part-time, temporary part-time
What is the pay rate: $23.09 to $28.34 per hour
WHAT DEPARTMENTS ARE PSWs HIRED IN?
As mentioned, Personal Support Worker jobs at the City of Kingston are usually in the city’s long-term care home, Rideaucrest Long Term Care.
These jobs are in the city’s Nursing and Resident Care job category.
WHAT ARE THE JOB DUTIES?
Individuals holding PSW jobs at the City of Kingston in Rideaucrest Long Term Care home have numerous duties, carried out under the supervision of registered staff.
- Providing monitoring and assistance during meal times, and documenting and reporting information pertaining to this.
- Taking care of residents’ personal hygiene, and ensuring that hygiene is kept at a high standard of practice. Examples of duties related to this are bathing, care of the nails, skin, and mouth, taking care of the hair, and shaving.
- Supporting residents in meeting their essential physical, spiritual, emotional, and behavioural needs.
- Using proper safety techniques and equipment and body mechanics in lifting, transporting, and transferring residents.
- Ensuring the total well-being of residents, by providing assistance and support to their social needs, and encouraging interactions and providing stimulation with respect to their personal choices and independence.
- Meet all established standards in the maintenance of required documentation, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Being available to work different shifts, with possible ones being: 6 am-2 pm, 2 pm-10 pm, and 10 pm-6 am.
WHERE ARE THE JOBS POSTED?
Personal Support Worker jobs at the City of Kingston are posted in the Careers section of their website: www.cityofkingston.ca/city-hall/careers.
The page provides a search engine, with which you can perform searches using keywords and/or the job category.
The job category you should select is “Nursing and Resident Care”.
CREATING A PROFILE WITH THE CITY
You can stay up to date with latest job postings by creating a profile.
This allows you to upload your resume and is also a required step if you wish to apply for a job.
Click here to create your profile now.
CREATING AN EMAIL ALERT
This is a great feature that sends you an email as soon as a new PSW job is posted on the city’s website.
Sometimes, applications for a particular job are accepted for only a few days. If you do not manually check the city’s website frequently, you may miss the deadline.
Setting up an email alert is a no brainer and will help you stay on top of all the new PSW job openings.
You can sign up for career alerts whether or not you set up a profile and it is super easy.
All you have to do is provide your best email address and check the job category.
PSW jobs are posted under the “Nursing and resident care” category.
HOW TO APPLY FOR JOBS?
All jobs are posted in the “careers section” of the city’s website.
The job application process is entirely online.
When you’re ready to apply, click on the Personal Support Worker job posting and it will take you to a pre-application questions screen.
Once you have answered these questions, the actual application will begin.
Please keep in mind that you will need to create a profile before you can proceed with the application.
If you need any assistance with the application process, you can contact at [email protected] or 1-877-427-7717.
WORKING AS VOLUNTEER
Registered auxiliary volunteers work at Rideaucrest providing various services to the residents. They are an asset for the Long-Term Care facility.
For more information on how to become a volunteer at Rideaucrest, you can contact the Manager of Volunteer Services at 613-530-2818, ext. 4225.
The potential benefits of volunteering for an organization are well-known and significant.
Social media is a wonderful and highly effective way to stay in contact and “in the loop” with an organization.
Here are links to the City of Kingston’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.