Heading into a PSW job interview?
It can be nerve-wracking for anyone, even the most seasoned professionals.
going into an interview feeling prepared and sure of yourself, is going to help your confidence shine through and leave a strong impression on your interviewer.
It may take you some practice, but building confidence is something anyone can do.
Below we list the top three ways you can help build your self-confidence prior to your PSW job interview.
The most important way to feel confident in yourself and your abilities is to be prepared.
There is no way around it if you don’t take the time to research the employer you are interviewing with, polish up your resume, and practice your interview skills.
It is of utmost importance to practice before your next PSW job interview so that you don’t feel nervous and unsure of yourself.
Taking the time to prepare, including reviewing the PSW job interview questions, will ensure you are equipped to excel throughout the interview process.
Your interview preparation will include:
- having a clean and pressed interview outfit,
- ensuring you know exactly how to get to your interview location and how long it will take to get there, and
- bringing copies of your updated resume with you.
“Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent Peale
It may seem obvious to some, but thinking positively and believing in yourself will help you perform well during your PSW job interview.
Lack of confidence and negative thinking has a way of showing up in the way you speak and your body language.
If your interviewer perceives that you are a negative person or are not confident in your abilities, this will be a strike against you.
No employer wants to hire a negative person.
Also, an employer wants to hire someone who makes them believe they are capable of successfully handling all the job duties that will be expected of them if they are hired.
If someone demonstrates they are unsure of themselves the employer will not feel comfortable employing them in that position.
Thinking positively can be tough if it doesn’t come naturally to you.
The best way to work on changing your mindset is to focus on positive affirmations.
An affirmation is a positive phrase you should speak out loud every day to change your mindset.
Examples of affirmations you could use include:
- I am strong and capable. I can handle any difficult situation that comes my way.
- I am intelligent and can solve even the most complex problems.
- I am extremely talented, and I share these talents with others.
- I have the experience required to excel in this new position.
- I am a valued person at work and my opinions are always welcomed and respected.
- I enjoy the work that I do as I know the tremendous impact it has on the lives of others.
- I always work hard and complete everything I need to do each day.
- I have an upbeat and friendly attitude which has a positive impact on the relationships in my life.
- I am going to excel in this interview and will receive a job offer.
There are numerous other examples of affirmations that you can find if you search online.
Also, you can always create a list of affirmations that are unique and personal to you.
Repeating theses affirmations multiple times a day will embed these thoughts into your mind and you will eventually believe them.
Your positivity will be sure to shine through in your interview if you follow this process.
Finally, having cheerleaders in your corner supporting you on your journey will help you build confidence.
What do we mean by cheerleader?
A cheerleader is anyone, it could be a friend, family member, or colleague, who cares about you, believes in you and has a positive influence in your life.
This person makes you feel good about yourself when you are around them, and they are always giving you great advice.
Surrounding yourself with these people will help you to believe in yourself even on days when you are not feeling confident.