Toronto Western Hospital is one of the four hospitals of the University Health Network.
It is located in downtown Toronto, in the heart of the communities of South Annex, College, Queen and King Street West.
It is an academic health centre, and has 272 beds.
Toronto Western Hospital provides treatment to both outpatients and inpatients, in several different areas such as:
- Critical care, and
- Neuroscience (in the Krembill Neuroscience Centre).
Does Toronto Western Hospital hire PSW’s: Yes
Under what title: Patient Care Assistant
What departments PSW’s work in: Surgical, medical and others
What type of positions are usually available: Part-time
What is the salary range: $22.48 to $23.19
WHERE ARE THE JOBS POSTED?
As Toronto Western Hospital is one of the hospitals of the University Health Network, you can carry out a search for PSW positions at Toronto Western Hospital, on the careers search page of the University Health Network.
PSW DUTIES AT TORONTO WESTERN HOSPITAL
Individuals holding Personal Support Worker jobs at Toronto Western Hospital are responsible for the following duties:
- Carrying out basic functions of patient care, which support the implementation of the multidisciplinary care plan.
- Observing infection control and safety procedures, in order to ensure the highest standard of patient safety/care.
- Carrying out cross-functional and other duties in line with the job classification or clinical speciality, as needed.
- Ensuring the existence of a safe and clean patient care/treatment environment.
- Assisting with the process of patient information collection/documentation.
- Carrying out departmental duties, observing all confidentiality policies.
- Assisting with ensuring the satisfaction of patient nutritional needs.
- Contributing to the process of patient assessment.
- Carrying out transportation function.
CAN YOU CREATE A PROFILE/ACCOUNT?
While there is not an actual profile/account option, there is an option to upload your resume.
This is useful, as the University Health Network actually looks at the resumes in the database for applicants, when PSW positions become open.
Click here to submit your resume in order to be considered for future PSW jobs with the University Health Network.
CAN YOU CREATE AN EMAIL ALERT FOR PSW JOBS?
You can create a general email alert for all jobs arising at the University Health Network.
Be ahead of the competition and create your alert now to be the first to get notified of any job openings.
DO THEY HIRE VOLUNTEERS?
Being a volunteer is great. University Health Network (UHN) is a great place to be as a volunteer.
it comes with many benefits.
Here is a list of benefits that you get while working as a volunteer at UHN:
You can volunteer in many in-patient care areas. It is best to choose one of your liking and the one that hire PSWs.
Here is a list of areas where you can work as a volunteer:
- Clinical patient support
- Inpatient support
- Specialized patient support
- General patient and family support
- Administrative support, and
- Rehab therapy support
Becoming a volunteer can definately put you in a good position for a paid job.
Click here to learn about how to apply to become a volunteer with Toronto Western Hospital and UHN.
WHERE IS IT LOCATED?
Toronto Western Hospital
399 Bathurst Street
HOW TO STAY CONNECTED?
You may stay connected by “liking” and “following” the University Health Network’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
Leave a Reply