It has approximately 1100 staff members providing care in various departments such as:
- COPD clinic,
- Diagnostic Imaging,
- Operating Room, and
- Childbirth Care.
Pertinent information you should know about Personal Support Worker jobs at Cambridge Memorial Hospital:
Does this hospital hire PSW’s: Yes
What departments: Critical Care, ICU, and oncology units
What type of positions are usually posted: Part-time and casual
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE TYPICALLY REQUIRED?
Some of the main things that you must have before you apply for this position are:
- A current Personal Support Worker certificate is required from a recognized college,
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certificate, and
- Proficiency using the Meditech charting system.
WHAT ARE THE TYPICAL JOB DUTIES?
This job involves typical PSW job duties such as:
- Working under the supervision of registered staff such as Registered Nurses (RN’s) and Registered Practical Nurses (RPN’s),
- Working in collaboration with other members of the health care team.
- Assisting patient’s with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s), and
- Doing vital signs.
WHERE ARE THE JOBS POSTED?
Like many other employers, this hospital accept online applications only.
All PSW Jobs at Cambridge Memorial Hospital are posted in the “careers section” of it’s website.
Job application is really simple.
Do you know that as a Personal Support Worker, you can volunteer as a patient and family advisor at Cambridge Memorial.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to get involved at this hospital.
Here are some of the things you’ll be doing as an advisor:
- Partaking in sharing personal experiences,
- Aiding towards patient-centred, and
- Contributing to hospital programs and services by providing your opinion.
Click here for more on what you’ll be doing as an advisor and about this position.
CAN I BECOME A VOLUNTEER?
Being a volunteer is very rewarding. You can use this opportunity to get an “inside look” at CMH that may potentially lead you to a PSW job here.
You can volunteer and Cambridge Memorial and play a vital role towards providing a positive patient experience.
WHERE IS CMH?
Cambridge Memorial Hospital
700 Coronation Blvd.