There are twenty three community colleges across Ontario that offer PSW certificate. Many of these colleges have multiple campuses where this program is offered.
In total, there are 118 college campuses across Ontario that offers this certificate program.
Please check out complete list of community college campuses that offer Personal Support Worker diploma in Ontario.
Admission requirements for Personal Support Worker certificate may vary from college to college. Please refer to specific requirements of the college you are interested in.
In general, following are the common requirements at community colleges in Ontario:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status
- Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U). Proof of English Language Proficiency may be required, if English is not a first language
- Additional Grade 11 or Grade 12 courses may be required
- Admission testing – Even if above listed requirements are satisfied
- Admission testing – If above listed requirements are not satisfied
- Good physical and mental condition
- Up-to-date immunization record
- Standard First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)-C for Health Care Provider (HCP) certificate (Some colleges offer this certificate as part of the PSW program and therefore is not required at the time of admission)
- Police Record Check
Cost/Fees of Personal Support Worker Certificate
A PSW certificate at a community college in Ontario can cost:
For Domestic Students: $3000.00 to $4000.00 + $800.00 in additional costs
For International Students: $ 12000 to $14000.00 + $1000.00 in additional costs
(These costs are approximate only. There may be added living and meal expenses. Costs may vary depending upon the College and also the City)
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!