Personal Support Worker jobs at Norfolk General Hospital of Simcoe, Ontario are usually in the hospital’s nursing home,
The Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home is an 80 bed, publicly owned, non-profit facility.
Does Norfolk General Hospital hire PSWs: Yes
Under what title: Personal Support Worker
In which department: Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home
What types of positions are usually available: Part-time
WHERE ARE THE JOBS POSTED?
Norfolk General Hospital posts jobs on its “Careers page“.
WHAT TYPE OF DUTIES ARE INVOLVED?
Personal Support Worker jobs at Norfolk General Hospital involve the following duties:
- Completing in-service education.
- Maintaining residents’ safety and comfort.
- Ensuring residents’ general well-being.
- Providing assistance in resident admission, transfer, and discharge.
- Resident care with regard to elimination and toileting; nutrition; hygiene, grooming, and dressing; emotional and cognitive support; care and use of prosthesis/adaptive aids; preventative skin care; measures for infection control; and restorative care.
- Following all of Norfolk General Hospital’s safety and health policies, provisions, and procedures, and recognizing and reporting unsafe work practices and other hazards.
DOES THIS HOSPITAL HIRE VOLUNTEERS?
Volunteers are an integral part of Norfolk General Hospital.
You can volunteer both at the hospital and at the nursing home.
Being a volunteer, you can also participate in fundraising activities or managing the volunteer association.
DOES THIS HOSPITAL HAVE MULTIPLE SITES?
Yes, it does.
It has the main hospital site, and the nursing home site.
The main hospital site is at 365 West Street, Simcoe, Ontario. Its phone number is 519-426-0130.
Norfolk General Hospital Nursing Home is at 365 West Street, Simcoe, Ontario. Its phone number is 519-426-0130.
Make sure to “like” Norfolk General Hospital on Facebook. Doing so will ensure you receive updates from the hospital on your feed.