Personal Support Worker training and courses are offered at following three educational institutions in Ontario:
The curriculum followed by these institutions is Ministry approved and provides in depth theoretical and clinical knowledge.
In order to ensure highest standards of Personal Support Worker training and to meet requirements set by the Long-Term Care Homes Act, Personal Support Network of Ontario (PSNO) is one of the partnering organization that has initiated PSW Educational Program Accreditation (PEPA).
What is PSW Educational Program Accreditation (PEPA)
As mentioned above, PEPA is a new program that measures the quality of Personal Support Worker training offered in Ontario.
// ]]>Click here to learn more about this program.
Any Ontario educational institution, that offers PSW training can apply for accreditation.
Following is the list of institutions that have been granted accreditation:
- Adult High School – Ottawa-Carleton District School Board: Ottawa, Ontario
- Blind River Adult Continuing Education Centre – Algoma District School Board
- Capacity Builders’ Centre for Personal Support Education: Toronto, Ontario
- Carefirst Vocational Training Centre: Scarborough, Ontario
- City Adult Learning Centre (Toronto DSB): Toronto, Ontario
- Community Education Services, District School Board of Niagara: St. Catharines, Ontario
- Durham Catholic District School Board: Oshawa, Ontario
- Durham Continuing Education, Durham District School Board: Oshawa, Ontario
- GA Wheable Centre – Thames Valley District School Board: London, Ontario
- Judith Nyman Secondary School, Brampton, Ontario
- Lambton-Kent District School Board: Sarnia, Ontario
- Limestone Education Centre: Kingston, Ontario
- Loyola School Of Adult And Continuing Education: Belleville, Kingston, Trenton, Ontario
- Simcoe County District School Board – Adult and Continuing Education – The Learning Centres: Midhust, Ontario
- St. Albert Learning Centre: Sudbury, Ontario
- St. Charles Adult & Continuing Education Centre, Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board: Hamilton, Ontario
- St. Louis Adult Learning & Continuing Education Centres: Kitchener, Ontario
- The Community Training and Development Centre – Affiliated with Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board: Cobourg, Ontario
- The Eastern Ontario Education and Training Centre: Casselman, Ontario
- Thompson Career College Of Health And Business: Mississauga, Ontario
- York Region District School Board: Richmond Hill, Ontario
- Yorkdale Adult Learning Centre: Toronto, Ontario
Following have been denied accredition:
- College of Health Studies: Brampton, Ontario
An institution that has been denied accreditation does not mean they cannot offer PSW courses, it’s just that they have not met the standards of the PSW Educational Accreditation program.
Johanne Delage says
I have my HSW certificate and I would like to take the PSW course on line home please…thanks for info!