London Health Sciences is an acute care teaching hospital in London, Ontario.
It employs more than 15000 and houses many centres of care such as:
- Children’s Hospital,
- University Hospital,
- Victoria Hospital,
- Kidney Care Centre,
- Byron Family Medical Centre,
- Victoria Family Medical Centre,
- London Regional Cancer Program,
- CSTAR – Canadian Surgical Technologies and Advanced Robotics,
- Children’s Health Research Institute, and
- Lawson Health Research Institute.
Personal Support Worker jobs at London Health Sciences Centre open up in various departments across the organization.
Do they hire PSWs: Yes
Under what title: Personal Support Worker
In what departments: Across the organization at both the University and Victoria Hospital locations
What type of positions are available: Part Time and casual
What is the pay rate: $20.42 to $21.32 per hour
WHERE ARE THE JOBS POSTED?
London Health Sciences Centre follow a very specific criteria before the final hiring decision is made.
Once you submit the application, here is how the process takes place:
All jobs at London Health Sciences are posted on the career section of their website. Make sure to check here frequently for new PSW jobs.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PSW JOBS?
When you decide to apply for a specific job at London Health Sciences Centre online, you will be prompted to register with the site to set up an account.
You are asked to do this only when you are actually applying for a job.
WHAT TYPE OF DUTIES DO PSWs PERFORM?
Individuals holding Personal Support Worker jobs at London Health Sciences Centre are responsible for a wide variety of duties, including:
- Displaying excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and interacting in a positive and effective way with staff, patients, and the public in general.
- Demonstrate good problem-solving and initiative, within the limits of an approved scope of practice.
- Effectively prioritizing various different, changing tasks, while paying great attention to detail.
- Knowing and respecting patient requirements with regard to prescribed menus and diets.
- Demonstrating the ability to be self-directed, and work independently.
- Knowing and using the protocol with regard to escalating concerns.
- Showing commitment to safety, for both patients and staff.
- Providing care with a service-oriented attitude.
- Meeting the position’s physical requirements.
- Working as an effective team member.
- Attending work on a regular basis.
- Using basic computer skills.
CAN YOU VOLUNTEER AT LONDON HEALTH SCIENCES?
Volunteers are accepted at both the University and Victoria Hospital locations.
Both locations accept adult volunteers, University and high school students.
A Police Vulnerable Sector Check is required as a condition of placement.
You can get more information about volunteering at London Health Sciences by visiting their website.
HOW TO STAY CONNECTED?
“Liking” and “following” London Health Sciences Centre’s Facebook and Twitter pages will help you stay “in the loop” with this organization.
Here are the direct links: