Are you an Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN) and would like to become a Personal Support Worker (PSW)?
Yes, there is a way!
And you do not even have to complete the PSW course.
This is your golden opportunity to become a PSW in Ontario.
You may also be eligible to receive a $5000 incentive from the Government of Ontario.
Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs) can work as a personal support worker and become eligible for the $5000 PSW return of service incentive.
You must fulfill the following conditions:
- Complete theInternational Nurses Grandfathering Program to Personal Support Worker(INGP-PSW) to become a member of the Ontario Personal Support WorkerAssociation on or after April 1, 2020, and
- Be willing to accept the full-time work schedule by your new employer.
Some of the other requirements are:
- Be able to legally work in Canada (you must be either a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or have a current and valid work permit)
- Documents such as certificates, diploma or degree from your home country that shows your completed education,
- Current Immunization Records, and
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate
How to Apply?
Ontario Personal Support Worker Association (OPSWA) is undertaking the process of assessing the eligibility of IENs to be grandfathered as a PSW.
Complete the application here to be considered for the grandfathered membership.
How Much Does it Cost?
There is a one-time fee of $282.50 (including HST) that OPSWA will charge you for this program.
You however also get a $1 Million personal liability insurance. The liability insurance provides you the protection of your personal assets and includes errors and omissions coverage.
The insurance is provided by topbin insurance solutions.