Monster.ca is one of Canada’s most widely recognized job search websites. A part of the worldwide Monster network, Monster.ca allows Personal Support Workers to search for jobs.
In addition to Monster’s job search tools, Monster.ca also has thousands of helpful articles on subjects including interview preparation, resume writing and other job-related topics that can help PSW’s get the knowledge they need to apply for and be hired for the right jobs for them.
How Do I Search for Personal Support Worker Jobs?
From the Monster.ca main page, type “personal support worker” into the “I’m looking for” box and your desired location into the “in Canada” box. Click “Search.”
You will get a list of posted PSW jobs. From this list, click on the job you want to know more about. You will see information about the job, including the job type, the salary, the skills and qualifications needed, and the application method requested.
What Other Search Options are Available?
In addition to a basic search, you can also click the “Advanced Search” link to specify additional information about the PSW jobs you are searching for.
You can also click on “Search Tips” to learn about advanced search tips that will help you narrow your search to the specific job you want.
Monster.ca allows you to search for PSW jobs by company, location or industry, but it is best to just use the basic or advances search options.
How Do I Set Up Email Alerts for Personal Support Worker Jobs?
In order to save yourself the hassle of logging into Monster.ca every day to look for new personal support worker jobs, you can choose to have new PSW jobs emailed to you.
Follow the steps below to set up email alerts for new PSW jobs at monster.ca:
- From the job search results page, click the “email me jobs” link to the right. This will sign you up for daily emails with available PSW jobs.
- You can edit your job alerts too. In order to do this, click on the small icon located in the “My Saved Searches” box to the right. You can edit the details of your search and the frequency of your job alerts. You can also delete any job alerts altogether.
How Do I Apply for Personal Support Worker Jobs?
Once you have found a job that you like and want to apply for it, it is very important to send your application or resume in the manner specified.
Follow the steps below to apply for jobs on Monster.ca
- From the search results list, click a job title.
- Then click the “apply” button at the bottom of your screen. The method of applying will vary slightly. However, you can expect to enter your email address and create log in information. You can also expect to upload your resume and fill out information about yourself.
- Continue filling in the information requested until you receive a message indicating that your application is complete.
How Do I Create a Profile?
Creating a profile on monster.ca is going to help you when applying for jobs faster. It is a good idea to invest some time to create a good profile in the beginning of your search for a PSW job.
Follow the steps below to create a profile on Monster.ca:
- From the main Monster.ca page, click the “Join Us” link near the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your information and hit the “create account” button.
- Enter your job information and click the “next step” button.
- You can choose to connect with Facebook, to use social media to connect you to your dream job. Otherwise, click the “Next Step” button.
- If you have a resume, you can upload it now by clicking the “Browse” button and selecting the file from your computer. Otherwise, you can leave the box blank and fill it in later. Click the “Finish & View Profile” button and your profile is complete.
- You are now looking at your profile page, which is likely mostly blank. Click the “edit” link next to the subcategories such as “Summary,” “Experience” and “Education” to fill in all of your personal and professional information.
How Do I Create and Upload a Resume?
In your journey of looking for a PSW job, a resume is going to be your best friend. Make sure you invest some time in the beginning of your search to create a good resume.
Follow the steps below to learn what monster.ca offers to create a resume:
- If you have a resume already typed up, you can upload it when creating your profile.
- Otherwise, click the “create resume” button on the right side of your profile page. You can get to your profile page from the homepage by clicking your name link in the top right corner.
- Enter the name of your resume and the desired job title and be sure to click the box next to “Make this resume searchable to employers.” Then, hit the “Create Resume” button.
- Using the links to the left side of your screen, click through and fill in all the information you can about your experience, education, certifications and memberships & awards. Click “Save Changes” on the bottom of every page as you fill in your information.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!