Workopolis.ca, Canada’s largest and most popular online job site, is a site that helps its millions of monthly visitors find employment opportunities from over 30,000 jobs posted on the site at any given time.
Workopolis.ca also offers free Job Alert emails, professional resume services and the latest in career news and advice to help job seekers find and get hired for the right PSW jobs for them.
How Do I Search for Personal Support Worker Jobs?
Follow the steps below to start your search for a PSW job on this website.
- From the main Workopolis.ca homepage, type “personal support worker” and “Ontario” into the “Job Title, Keywords” and “City, Province” search boxes near the top of the page. Click “Find Jobs” to see your search results.
You can also type in your city for a list of posted PSW jobs in that area.
- Sort the PSW jobs by the date posted, location, job title and company by selecting the appropriate option from the “Sort by” drop-down menu. Limit your search by choosing specific options from the “Improve your Matches” box to the right.
- If you see personal support worker jobs that interest you, click on the job titles to view additional job information.
What Other Search Options are Available?
This website offers many other options to refine your job search. This can be done by doing an “Advanced search”.
To do this type of search, click the “Advanced search” link on the homepage under the “Find Jobs” button. Fill in details of the job you are searching for and hit the “Find” button. You do not have to fill in every detail. The more you fill in, the more exact your search will be, but the fewer results you will get.
You can also search by job category by choosing a category from the “Browse Jobs” tab located at the top of the Workopolis.ca homepage.
Please click on “Healthcare Services and Wellness” to see a list of PSW jobs and jobs that are similar.
How Do I Apply for Personal Support Worker Jobs?
When you have found the job that you like, it is very important to apply in the manner specified in the posting. You can click on the job title of any of the personal support worker jobs you wish to apply and look for how you can apply for it.
The method of application will vary for each job, but the information you need will be on this page. You may need to click a link on the page to apply online, or the page may list an address, phone number or fax number so you can submit your resume and application that way.
What is the “My Workopolis” Section?
The “My Workopolis” section is where you access these four options:
- Resume and Cover Letters,
- Saved Jobs,
- Favorite Searches,
- Job alerts, and
- My Account Settings.
Simply hover over the “My Workopolis tab,” then click on your selection to update your information and improve your chances of getting hired.
How Do I Create and Upload my Resume?
Throughout your job search journey, your resume is going to be your best friend. It will create the first impression about who you are and what you have to offer for the organization you are applying to.
So make sure your resume is up-to-date and the best.
You can check out the complete guide to building a resume for tips on how to create a great resume for PSW jobs and you can also check out the sample resume which you can use to create one of your own.
Workopolis.ca also offers great tools to create your resume. If you already have one, you can just upload it to the website. Please follow the steps below to access this feature of the website:
- First, click the “Join Now” link in the top right corner of any Workopolis.ca page to create an account, if you have not done so already.
- Hover over the “Post a Resume” tab on the top of any page, and click “Add a Resume.”
- If you have a resume already, choose the “Upload Resume” option, click “browse” to find the file on your computer and then click the “Next” button.
- If you need to create a resume, choose the “Create resume manually” option, and then hit the “Next” button. This will take you to a page where you can fill in all of your information.
- You can also import your resume from LinkedIn or copy and paste your resume into a text box.
How Do I Set Up Email Alerts?
Setting up email alerts for PSW jobs that get posted here is a great way to save time and energy. You can do this in few easy steps listed below:
- Hover over the “My Workopolis” tab and select “Favourite Searches and Job Alerts.”
- Click the “Create a new favourite search & job alert” button.
- Type in as much or as little information as you would like to search for personal support worker jobs and choose how often you would like to have new PSW jobs emailed to you. Click the “Save and Search” button.
- You can also sign up for job alerts from the results page of a basic job search. Simply click the “Email me jobs like these” button, fill in the requested information and click the “Create Alert” button.
What Additional Career Resources Are Available?
Workopolis.ca has four additional career resources available:
- Latest news and advice,
- Salary calculator,
- Resume Rescue, and
- Education and Training.
Resume Rescue is a paid, professional service that you can use to improve your resume and increase your chances of being hired for PSW jobs.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!